Postpartum Journey

 I want to start with a disclaimer. I'm really interested in postpartum because I couldn't find anything like this when I was pregnant and this was the information I was looking for. With that in mind, My body is amazing and your body is amazing. Just cause this is how my body is handling postpartum doesn't mean how your body handles postpartum is wrong. We're all beautiful. But I wanted to help answer some of those questions I had while pregnant and to show my postpartum story.


Some Stats here

The day I found out I was pregnant, I weighed 168

The day I went into labor I weighted 178

The total weight gained was 10 pounds

At 12 hours postpartum, I weighed 162.2 which was a total loss of 15.8. Considering that I had a 7 pound 12 oz baby along with everything else you lose during labor. I thought this was pretty good. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1juWIGmp_Zh1qmsz-NdAhus1kL2ITBbzh

At 24 hours postpartum, I weighted 161.6. Total loss of 16.4

At 72 hours postpartum, I weighted 160.2. Total Loss of 17.8

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1HjVF2BsjBwZoxZD_3l9P7Q6i9UmFCOzD

At 6 days postpartum, I weighted 154.4 at home and 151 at my 1-week checkup. So we're going to go with my at-home weight. Total Loss of  23.6

At 1 week Postpartum, I weighed 153.8.  Total loss of 24.2 

At 10 days postpartum, I weighted 151.6. Total loss of 26.4

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IFaCNYwBo8Omf2TQ10YrH288hH3D9cpH

At 14 days postpartum, I weighted 150.6. Total lost of 27.4 pounds. 

At 1 month postpartum, i weighted 151. Total loss of 27 pounds. 


I’ve pretty much stayed the same weight. I’m 2 months post postpartum and I weight 153. I’m not watching what I eat and I haven’t started working out. 


Overall I feel really good. 

My hormones and emotions are amazing. I haven't felt like this in years. I honestly feel really good. 

I haven't had a migraine since the day before labor. There's really no way to explain how horrible I felt while pregnant so I'm so glad that I feel so amazing. 

It also helps that I didn't tear at all. 


Here’s some pictures of me over the last few months. 


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1iXzGgWuB7A2F1fr_glnrOvehumJv7U2Qhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1EmDE2mqTuQfzyLohx2yf5T5kZhfcwcp5https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KF4mXkz2apXOEAMucP8627LDo9e7rn59


Here I am 2 weeks postpartum and I can fit into jeans and shorts that I haven’t been able to wear in 3 years. One of the biggest struggles I’ve had, I feel bad even calling it a struggle, is that I don’t have a lot of shirts that work with my boobs since I’m breastfeeding and/or work to breastfeed in. I have a few maternity shirts that I bought days before I went into labor that aren’t stretched so I’ve been able to wear them but it’s so hard to find nursing clothes 


I can fit into shorts that are a size 8 which is a size smaller than I was before pregnancy. I can also fit into some jeans that I haven’t been able to wear in 2 years. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna to read a big hit?