The "Fun" of leaving home

So it's been two weeks since I closed on my house. Lots of things have happened. We painted, and painted, and bought a washer/dryer, painted, fixed some plumbing issues.

Years ago, when i first started dreaming about moving out, I pictured it as I'd have everything packed up and we'd rent a trailer. Everything would get move in 1 day. I wouldn't be living at my place until everything was there. I would stand on my sidewalk, hug my parents and wave goodbye as they drove away.

And as life goes, that didn't go as planned. lol

3 Days after I closed, My brother and I, with a friend from church, moved my free couches into my place. Even though there was still rooms to paint, We moved those in. That night, I stayed there for the first time.

Then I got the flu. lol Life happens

I slowed brought boxes in. Filled my car up each time i came to work. Then Last Saturday, I bought the washer and dryer. When i got home, my dad called me and said that mom and him were going to be loading up everything i had packed at home, and bringing it to my house.

There wasn't a huge goodbye, there wasn't hugs, there wasn't even a see you later.

And i like it that way.

Yes I'm started to miss my family. It really hasn't hit me yet that I've moved out. It feels like i'm house-sitting. Since I've house sat for 3 weeks before, It hasn't hit me yet.

I miss my siblings more than i thought i would and i'm actually looking forward to Sunday to spend with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna to read a big hit?