Growing up is hard to do!

Growing up is hard to do.
 I've been thinking about this a lot this past week.
     I can still remember when i used to throw tantrums, hit people and yell really loud at them. I remember when I hated being punished or told "no". Years ago i heard somebody somewhere say this about their child " my mother can tell them not to do something and they stop but when i do that they look at me like i have three heads!". At the time, I didn't understand this but i started paying attention to that. Sure enough, when Mom said it was time to leave Grandma's we looked at her like she didn't know what she was talking about but when Grandma said it was time to leave, we would stand up and put our Shoes on! I didn't realize till years later that i was really disobeying my parents. Colossians 3:20 says "Children obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing into the Lord".
   You don't realize that you've grow up at all. When you do it come slowly. Like for me it came when i could actually look OVER my grandmother's head! Or when I really didn't have to look UP to dad anymore.
   Sometimes you actually grow up on the inside more than you do on the outside. At work on Saturday, I was thinking at a year ago, i never would have dream that I'd be working for Sandra or waking up at 5am on Saturday. I used to wake up at 11 , start cleaning the house and making food for Sunday. I never would have though that I'd drive to work while it was still dark.
   One other thing about Growing up for me has been actually planning my days. Before mom would go "we're going to the Souerdike house for lunch today" or " the Peterson's are coming over". On days we Went to town she'd go " get math and Reading done and then pack your bag we're going grocery shopping"
Now She goes, " I'm going to go to town" or "we're going to have the Peterson's over". She lets me decide on what I'm going to do. Part of the reason is i never know when I'm going to work till Monday! But the other reason is, is this If i get my homework done, I could have a friend over or go to a friends house. Like Sunday night, My Friend Nicole texted me and asked if i would come for supper Thursday night. Mom goes " Okay, You'll be gone that night"  It's sorta Different and Scary to be able to plan your week but sometimes Mom is like " you need to do school" I also enjoy that. Because she's still my mother no matter how old i'm going to be she can still tell me what to do and when! :)
 Growing up IS hard to do but It has to been done and Most of it's done before you even notice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna to read a big hit?