Are you a writer?

Have you ever seen the story promps on Pinterest? I have a whole board because i like how they can spark an idea in 2-3 sentences. Each person can take it and create their own story.

For Example

"You find a stack of "Missing Persons" news clippings under your parents' bed. All with your photo."

How would you finish the story? I know how i would. 

I think the reason i like these is because I'm able to be a writer.

For years, I dreamed about being a writer. I would make up good stories in my head and i would act them out in my back yard. But i could never write them on paper. I've dreamed of being a writing since i started my first daily journal over 10 years ago. I would just write, I would set a limit and i would write for 5 mins and would write for that long. Anything and everything that came out of my brain. I now call it "My brain dump" and i now do it in an app on my phone or as a draft of this blog. 
Sometimes my dumps become post. Sometimes they sit on the shelf for years. Sometimes they turned into letters to people or personal diary entries to my heart.

But still, While i've down this for years and i have my own blog, I never consider myself a writer. 
That was until one day when i saw this quote on Pinterest .

" Write what should not be forgotten..." By Isabel Allende

I don't write for the blog post. But i write as a way for me to remember myself. Past, Present and Future. 

I write to inform myself in 5 years that i'm doing ok. To prove to myself from 4 years ago that I'm still alive and I'm happy. 

I write for myself.

A few weeks ago, An old friend contacted me and told me that i had let a journal with him. He wanted to know if i wanted it back. It was from over 10 years ago and had multiple entries of when my grandma was really sick and then later when she passed away. I was able to get that old journal from him and it was like getting a gift from myself. My husband was able to read everything i thought of on the day of my grandma's funeral and I was able to remember the emotions. I had also done a thing called "20 things about Hannah at age 18" and that was real insight full. Not just for my husband who learned how much i've grown and changed but I also listed how much gas was at the point in my life. LOL again, all of my journals were just places that i dumped everything that was in my brain. I'm thankful now for laptops and be able to digitally write my thoughts.


That's why i have this blog. Is to share my thoughts. 

So since this post doesn't really have a topic. What about you? Do you write?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna to read a big hit?