Plans Differ

Sometimes in life, Plans change or differ from either what you wanted or want you wished for.

At the beginning of this year, I was ok at my job. I wasn't happy but it's a job and i did enjoy it. I remember thinking in late April that I didn't know much longer i would work there but i wasn't planning on leaving it any time soon.

In May, before i went away for a vacation, My Boss pulled me into his office and told me that they were reorganizing the business and that i didn't fit into the business. My husband and i prayed but we felt that due to my migraines, that this would be the perfect time to become self employed

It hasn't been easy but it's had some amazing benefits.

It's been 3 months since I left my job and I've enjoyed being self employed.


When i left my accounting job to work from home, I had some expectations.
1) my house would be cleaner. Cause I'm home all day. Um NO. lol It's not because i'm there all day. I get the dishes done and then it's time for lunch.  It is kinda cleaner, especially lately as I've gotten into a routine.
2) I'd be so board that i would be able to get my whole to-do list done in the first month. Haha. Bored? Nope. There is a never ending to-do list. I have another things that i would rather do than check off my list.


Pros with working at home
1) I don't feel like i'm a disappointed to anyone. To my Boss, or coworkers or my husband.
2) While my migraines haven't stopped, they have gotten better. The Nice thing about my migraines is that i don't have the guilt for having one. Instead I'm able to focus on myself  and get better faster without worrying about what others are thinking.


I thought i would want to leave the house. That i would get tired of staying home but instead i think it's made me more of a hermit. I enjoy being at home and i don't really like leaving it.

I also realized that while i'm not a procrastinator. I do procrastinate about certain things. like that load of laundry laying on my bed to be folded.

While I love being self employed, It also has its problems but Once i got a routine down, It made life so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna to read a big hit?