We're having a baby!

 We're so excited to share with you that we are having a baby! We're 9 weeks and so excited.


I can't believe it. I took a test early on a Friday morning not expecting it to be positive. Nick had already left for work and when the 3 mins were up, I saw a light line. I texted Nick and told him "I think there's a second line." I also send 2 of my friends the picture and asked if they saw the line too.

That afternoon, I took another test and the line was darker. I think I took a test every day for the first week. 

Because I had a miscarriage last fall, I wanted to be proactive with this pregnancy. I call my Ob that Monday morning when I was 4 weeks. I asked if they would do blood work and early ultrasound since I did have a miscarriage. The nurse told me of course. Anything to help my anxiety. I went for blood work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday the first week. The next week was labor day so I only went Tuesday and Thursday. I went to get my HCG tested until it was over 7000. Which it was by the end of week 5. 

At week 7, We had our first ultrasound. That was really cool. We were able to see the baby and see Baby's heartbeat. We weren't able to hear it but she said that was normal and everything looked fine. After the ultrasound, we decided to announce to our extended family. We had already told our parents and siblings.  After we mailed the pictures to our extended family, we waited a few days and then announced on Facebook at 8 weeks. :)

Overall every day I'm doing better with anxiety and giving everything to the Lord. A phrase that I repeat to myself often is "Remember what is true." 

Pregnancy has been hard since about week 6. I've had a constant migraine and feel miserable from that. Then I have all day nausea with or without throwing up, depends on the day. I also haven't been sleeping well, which I'm not sure if that's from my migraines or baby.

My Migraines have been so bad that I've decided its time to see a neurologist about them. I'm very miserable. I see the neurologist on November 10th. I'm hoping and praying that they will be able to do something to help me or else it's going to be a long few months. 


We're very excited about meeting our baby and we can't wait for May


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna to read a big hit?