Interesting Day Pregnant

 This whole week hasn't gone as planned but today definitely didn't go as planned. 

Last night I was carrying a laundry basket from the kitchen to the laundry room and our laundry room is so tiny, I ended up running into the corner of the wall. Because of how I was holding the basket, my belly took most of the hit and hurt afterward. For about 2 hours afterward, I was having contractions that were more painful than normal. My anxiety spiked and I was worried since I had hit my belly. She moved most of the night but she "stopped" moved around 7am this morning. I had a semi-busy morning so I didn't notice until around noon. Once I realized I hadn't felt her move, I drank some OJ, Bounced on the ball, ate some food, and then I laid on my left side in bed, hoping and praying that she'd move. After an hour, I still hadn't felt her move so I called the midwives. They recommended that I come in and get monitored. So I did. I'm thankful that we have doctors that take you seriously.

I drove to indy and once there got hooked up to the monitors. One was a contraction monitor and the other was a heartbeat. The nurse had asked if I thought I was having contractions and I told her that I had had "tightening" 1 time on the way down there. Baby's heartbeat was amazing but what was more shocking was that the monitors showed that I was having contractions every 4 mins. I'm only 35 weeks and 2 days and while I wish she'd come right now, I know she needs to wait a few more days.

Since I'm going to a birth center, I need to be 37 weeks before I go into labor to be able to go there. So the midwives recommended drinking lots of water, watching how active I am, and resting. The midwife joked that on April 19th if I wanted to go out and walk, that I'd probably have a baby later that day but to rest until then so she cooks a little longer.

Everything looked ok with the monitoring so they said it was just a false alarm but I'm really glad they took me seriously even though it was nothing. 


I'm so ready for her to be here in my arms but I know she needs to wait a few more days. So thankful that today was nothing more than a false alarm.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1eltP35WJv3-sEdNjTjzcL7jRgbrnLyKv


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna to read a big hit?